HPA has served over 4000 clients in a wide variety of industries across many sectors
HPA have helped over 4,000 companies get registered to ISO and related Management System Standards such as AS 9100 and we can help you too.
Low cost and certification guaranteed
For a low-cost fixed price, we provide:
- Interest free payments for up to 12 months
- A full service, including design, documentation, implementation support, training and a preliminary audit
- Certification by an independent UKAS accredited assessment body
- Help to get you a Government grant (where available)
- A guarantee: we will support you until you achieve certification at no extra cost
What is AS9100?
Revised in 1999 and recognised globally, AS9100 is a benchmark quality management system for organisations working in the aerospace industry. Created by American Aerospace Quality Group, the Society of Automotive Engineers, with assistance from the Society of British Aerospace Companies and the International Aerospace Quality Group, the standard complements the requirements of ISO 9001. However, AS 9100 focuses on the extra requirements and unique demands specific to the aerospace industry regarding safety and quality considerations.
What are the benefits of AS9100?
In many cases, AS9100 is an essential requirement for doing business within the aerospace industry. Most market leading aerospace manufacturers now require this notable accreditation as a prerequisite for doing business with them. Not only will achieving the standard help your company attract more clients, it will also help streamline your operations, create a new level of trust and enhance your reputation with existing customers, your staff and other stakeholders.
How do you go about fulfilling the elements of AS9100?
In addition to the quality management framework required by ISO 9001, companies seeking to achieve AS9100 certification must also meet these aerospace industry specific requirements:
- Configuration management
- Design phase, design verification, testing and validation
- Reliability, safety and maintainability
- Review of subcontractor performance
- Verification of purchased product and life cycle documentation
- Control of production process changes, equipment, tools and machines
- Organisation of work completed outside main facilities
- Special processes, inspection and testing procedures
- Methodology, recording and corrective action
- Expansion of ISO 9001 audit requirements
- First article inspection processes
- Servicing and control of technical documentation
- Review of non-conforming products
How do we achieve AS9100 certification?
HPA will undertake an initial audit of your company’s existing systems and operations, through a coherent planning and implementation stage. We can also assist your business in preparing for successful third-party assessment for the AS9100 standard. We will work with you at every step to ensure the accreditation is as straightforward and cost effective as possible.
Get in touch now
Find out more about how ISO management system standards can benefit your company and get a quote.